En Route for an Exciting Future
The San Antonio metro area’s population is growing and projected to top 4 million by 2050. More than 10 million passengers — an average of 27,000 per day — fly in and out of the San Antonio International Airport each year. In the next 20 years, that number could reach more than 15 million passengers per year. To accommodate this growth and continue to generate prosperity for our region, the Airport must keep up with the air travel needs of the community and region. Beginning in 2023 and with a scheduled completion date in 2028, SAT will complete a new Terminal, renovate the existing Terminal A and upgrade and improve the airfield and roadways in order to accommodate the projected growth and needs of our passengers.
New Terminal & Ground Load Facility Renderings
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
New Terminal Amenities
- Up to 17 domestic and international gates by mid-2028 to accommodate projected growth through 2040
- 850,000+ SQ FT of new terminal space with 41,000 SQ FT of new concession space
- 29,000+ SQ FT club lounge space
- Larger gate hold rooms for enhanced passenger comfort
- Riparian Paseo entry and indoor courtyard to enhance sense of place and River Walk feel
- New central passenger screening area provides all-access pass to retail and concessions
- New, modern Federal Inspection Station for expanded International air service
- Roadway improvements to improve traffic flow and remove congestion
Up to 17 Gate Expansion
- Accommodate current and future air service expansion in nonstop destinations, frequencies, and up-gauging
- Recognize that increasing congestion in aging facilities is not acceptable; modernization is essential for passenger growth and retention
- Enable a business travel and tourism-driven economy to which SAT contributes approximately $5 billion annually
- Provide an outstanding first and last impression of the city and region
- Create an authentic sense of place – so travelers know they have arrived in San Antonio
City Councils Approves the TDP
The Terminal Development Program will guide future development of the airfield, terminal facilities, ground access, and supporting infrastructure over the next 20 years.
Over the past year, planning has been under way for SAT that is focused on defining future improvements/developments necessary at the airport. View the presentation to learn how you can be part of history in the making as we launch the new Terminal Development Program.
Request a Speaker
Airport representatives are available for in-person presentations to groups of 15 or more. Request should be submitted at least four weeks in advanced of the desired presentation date.
Please contact Robin Schmerber at [email protected]