VIA Metropolitan Transit is San Antonio’s public transportation agency offering service throughout the city including service within the downtown area.
Get Downtown from the Airport:
- Go to the Lower Roadway (Arrivals/Baggage Level in Terminal A and B), across the marked crosswalk to the outer curb.
- VIA’s bus stop will be located on the far West end of Terminal B, clearly marked on the column.
- You will board the VIA bus route 5, which operates every day*, and can get to beautiful downtown San Antonio in about 30 minutes for only $1.30**
- Download the Route 5 bus schedule here.
Get to the Airport with the Stone Oak Express:
- Take the Express Service Bus route 7 for only $2.60
- Monday – Friday starts at 5:45 a.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m.
- Departs Stone Oak Park & Ride every 30 minutes
- Non-stop trip to airport takes about 15-20 minutes
- Download Route 7 bus information here.
* Frequency may vary throughout the day and on weekends.
** Bus transfers are available at no cost.
Once in the downtown area, VIA’s VIVA service offers stops at or routes to most hotels, restaurants, the convention center, and many visitor hot spots. Three distinct VIVA routes connect riders with historic places, opportunities to learn and discover, classic and contemporary art, and popular and entertainment spots.
For added convenience, VIA offers a $2.75 Day Pass* for purchase on the bus, online, on your smartphone, and in advance of your trip. A Day Pass is good for unlimited rides on all buses and services for the one day indicated on the pass. The Day Pass will be activated the first time boarding the bus. Download VIA’s goMobile app on your smartphone to purchase your passes or plan your trips.
***All schedules and fares are subject to change.