Careers at sat
Join Ambassador Program
SAT Ambassadors are a special group of people who are passionate about assisting others. If passengers need directions, Ambassadors will point the way. If guests need assistance, these airport volunteers will lend a hand. Whether directing passengers to a connecting flight, helping to reunite families, or even taking photos for people, there is no task too challenging for our Ambassadors. When you become an Ambassador, you’ll be in great company as part of a team of around 200 who donate a minimum of four hours a week to assist travelers as they make their way through our airport.
The commitments of the ambassadors are to: Attend orientation training sessions in order to become familiar with the airport and the area. Commit to teamwork. Work a four-hour shift weekly.
Volunteers must: Be able to work well with people. Have an outgoing, friendly personality. Possess good communication skills. Be reliable and committed.
Being an ambassador has rewards! They include: Free Parking, SAT Concession Discounts, Quarterly volunteer functions and prizes, Service Award pins and gifts, Quarterly Newsletter, Year-end Ambassador Luncheon with Ambassador of the Year Award.
While on duty volunteers will: Meet and greet passengers and visitors. Assist visitors with information on transportation, hotels, dining, shopping, area attractions, and points of interest. Answer questions and give “Fun Facts” about San Antonio International Airport and San Antonio. Respond to inquiries and assist in contacting airport personnel. May drive courtesy vehicle in parking garage. (not required)
Mission Statement: To provide an avenue for students in San Antonio and the surrounding region to serve and interact with members of their community, develop career skills in a professional setting, and gain exposure to a broad spectrum of potential careers in the aviation industry.
- Greet arriving and departing passengers
- Provide way-finding assistance for passengers navigating the airport
- Staff information booths
- Assist Program Coordinator with assignments
- Special Event Support
- Earn certified volunteer hours to:
- Satisfy volunteer hour requirements
- Utilize on college applications
- Include on job resume
- Eligible to attend the Annual Ambassador Appreciation Luncheon
- Eligible for Service Awards
- Airfield Tour
- Participation in Quarterly Events
- Job Shadowing: Participant will be able to spend time with different divisions within the aviation department to obtain an understanding of career opportunities at the airport.
- Certified Tourism Ambassador: Certification will be available if the student would like to participate. The airport will pay the initial fee based on a minimum service hour requirement of 16 hours. The program participant is responsible for the renewal fee if they choose to renew their certification.
- Training & Development: Program participant will have ability to attend identified training classes offered by the airport to its employees through the S.A.A.S University program.
- Field Trips: Participants are eligible to participate in ambassador field trips. Past field trips have been taken to: Witte Museum, San Antonio Missions, Stinson Airport and Air Museum
- Minimum 8 hours per month
- Minimum of 2 hours per shift