SAT’s Media and Public Relations team provides local and national news media organizations with airport news and information to communicate to the traveling public.
Media Access to Public Areas
Members of the media:
- Should notify the Media/PR team of plans to interview, photograph, or film on airport property
- Must not impede passenger traffic or airport operations
- Must display press credentials on the vehicle’s windshield
- Must identify themselves to anyone they interview, photograph, or film
- Must have permission to film areas leased by airlines and other airport tenants, including ticket counters, stores, private offices, and/or restaurants unless it meets one of the conditions listed above.
All requests for media interviews/inquiries should contact the Media Manager or Senior Public Information Officer (PIO) who will either conduct an interview or provide the appropriate spokesperson.
Parking and Live Shots
Television trucks providing a live shot or satellite feed may park curbside upper level, past Terminal B, with prior approval. If there is a serious incident or emergency, a staging area for media will be established. The media should contact Tonya Hope, Media Manager, for an established staging area location.
Filming at the Airport
Lights, Camera, Action
All commercial, non-profit, and student filming, videography, and photography activities on airport property require prior review and approval by the Airport Director and a City of San Antonio Aviation Department permit. Applicable charges, proof of insurance and location permit, and approval must be completed before filming starts.
Amateur Photography and “Plane Spotting”
The official location sanctioned by San Antonio International Airport for amateur photography or “Plane Spotting” is located at the top level of the Long Term Parking Garage. Although this is allowed, for security purposes, those who choose to observe or photograph aircraft are subject to questioning by airport police, security and personnel. Please be prepared to present legal and proper identification at all times.